adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

09 November 2023

Carolina On My Mind: Part 4, Umstead State Park, Durant Nature Preserve & The OBX

 It was a beautiful day to explore some natural areas before we went to the Outer Banks! First up was Umstead State Park.


We saw cool rocks, mushrooms, and some ferns.




The log sculpture was awesome! The intricate details really caught my eye.


We were on a time crunch, so after a short walk we left the state park and drove over to Durant Nature Preserve, which Steve used to frequent when he lived close by. They had a cute butterfly garden!

I wandered a bit on my own and found some cool plants and a funky fungus. The Oxalis was new to me, but I was familiar with the Goodyera.




Finally we made the journey out to the Outer Banks. Part of me wanted to explore some more natural areas, but I wanted to spend time with Steve and the kids. So we went to the beach at Nag's Head!




After some time the sun started to set, so we dried off and loaded back into the car. We drove over to the Bodie Island Lighthouse and looked up at the stars.


~ ~ ~

Click here for more photos!

~ ~ ~


One more post for the NC adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular