adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

09 May 2014

A visit to Mom's garden

We went to my Mom's house briefly to say hi, and to check out her plants. Right now Mom's garden is mostly full of daffodils (Narcissus sp.) and tulips (Tulipa sp.). Ari and I took some photos!








As for the next few, I not completely certain what they are! Regardless, they are too beautiful not to photograph.

 Hyacinthus sp.



Lamium sp.

There were also plenty of Orange Daylilies (Hemerocallis fulva) on one side of the house and in the back yard near the alley, which will be a brilliant orange when they finally bloom! I believe they are fairly common in this area, but they definitely add a beautiful pop of colour to gardens. I am excited because her fruit trees are budding, and I saw some peppermint and chives! I also think I saw some wild strawberries and raspberries. Eventually whenever I visit we will be able to harvest lots of fruits and veggies! I especially love the peppermint and spearmint for tea.



I really look forward to seeing more pretty flowers blooming, flourishing vegetables and fruits, and hummingbirds and bees! Nature is glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular