adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

13 May 2014

Mama Robin

The other day near some bushes outside of our window, I noticed a robin's egg on the ground, cracked open (unfortunately). I assumed it was from the nearby tree. However, when I went to draw the blinds and open up the kids' window for some fresh air, I spotted something in the bush!



A nest! Since I didn't spot the Mama I went outside to take a closer look:



I went inside after taking those pictures so I wouldn't disturb them too much, as I was certain Mama Robin had to be somewhere nearby.



Well, hello there! I closed the blinds once inside so I wouldn't startle her too much. Once she settled back in the nest, I sneakily snapped two more pics!



Its fantastic that the nest is so close that I can just peer out the window, quietly, and observe the glory of nature. I really hope that everything goes well, so we can see the babies and watch them grow! It was storming rather badly last night, so I kept peeping out the window to see if they were alright. Mama Robin is doing a fantastic job protecting her babies and keeping them warm. Nature is truly amazing! Too bad I didn't notice her building the nest, but I'm grateful to watch at this stage better than none at all! Being this close is rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular