adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

08 July 2014

4th of July

The kids went with their dad for the holiday. They had a blast! Meanwhile Steve and I had a yummy dinner and saw fireworks.

I painted my nails for the 4th, and they turned out really pretty! I didn't have any white polish so I used a pretty blue, a sparkly red, and a clear starry polish.


With a steady hand I painted the blue on my thumbs, let it dry, then carefully filled the rest in with red. I let that dry then alternated between red and blue on the remaining nails. After two coats and drying, I chose three gold, silver, and blue stars to put on each thumb nail where the red and blue met. I finished up with two coats of clear gloss.

I decided that the kitties could use some holiday spirit too, so I snagged a cute bandana at Walmart for $1. I cut it in half diagonally, folded them up and put 'em on the cats. It was only for some pictures, so I didn't put much effort into them. After 5 minutes the bandanas fell off. I'm thinking about turning some of their collars into bandanas, or at least making them interchangeable with velcro. Who knows what I'll do, but I will be sure to make a post about it!



Fran never sits still for photos. I think she's telling me, no pictures, please! Shoo, paparazzi! And if I do get a photo of her, its always in a cramped space. In this one she waddled into the hall closet and made a bed out of our spare linen! And then you have Coleslaw, who refused to budge from his perch above his bowl. Silly kitties.

Anyhow, its been hectic as always! I wish I would have taken more pictures or took note of more exciting events. We plan on going to Hosah Park again and taking some nice pics of the local flora soon, so there is that. I also have to post some more plant updates! Its really cool seeing how the succulents and house plants progress.  I promise the next post will be more exciting and a better quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular