adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

21 October 2014

Beautiful Autumn Adventure

In the last post I mentioned I wanted to spend some time outdoors amongst the beautiful fall foliage. Instead of going Saturday, Steve and I went Sunday. We attended the earliest church service, which is a first for us (I mean who wakes up that early on a Saturday?!)...but it was actually refreshing to be up so early. It was a bit chilly outside with some frost. 

On the church bulletin our upcoming wedding was listed, and our dear Pastor mentioned us in our prayers. Knowing in less than a week we would be joined together in marriage in the very same church filled us with so much joy! We felt like celebrities when people approached and congratulated us. The people there are so welcoming, warm, and kind.

After downing some coffee and munching on some snacks during Fellowship, we headed towards Libertyville to an alternate spot Steve thought would be nice to wander around. Most of the leaves were yellow near the entrance and made for a beautiful scene! (The picture is blurry since we were in a moving car and I used my phone camera, but look at all that beautiful yellow!)


 We went down a trail and ended up at a lake. The sun was so bright that everything seemed to glow!



Further down the path were huge trees.








There were so many leaves gracefully drifting to the ground.


It was nice to hear them crunch under our feet.

We had a wonderful time and hope to go out again, perhaps for a few hours the next time so we can explore much more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

popular