adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

06 January 2022

Somme Prairie Grove: Milkweed Magic

 I have been to Somme Woods many times, even for some volunteer workdays, but I had never gone across the road to Somme Prairie Grove


On this adventure, Steve came along with me. We came across beautiful native wildflowers such as Asclepias tuberosa and Silphium perfoliatum.




The highlight of our exploration was a plant I had wanted to see in situ for a long time: 

Asclepias purpurascens!




There were so many interconnecting paths to explore, but we were unfortunately short on time and didn't get to explore the whole nature preserve. That just means there's more to see next time!


~~~


Click here for more photos!


~~~


I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular