adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

09 November 2023

Carolina On My Mind: Part 3, Sarah P. Duke Gardens

 Another garden on my bucket list was Sarah P. Duke Gardens. I made a beeline for the Asiatic Arboretum. I was fascinated by the bamboo and gorgeous views.



I wandered for a bit and saw a wooden zig zag bridge. There is a small stone one at Chicago Botanic's Sansho-En!



The Japanese maples were beautiful, as always.




The red arch bridge stood out in the landscape.




The Historic Gardens were my next stop.





There was so much beautiful texture and a lovely fountain in this part of the garden.






I made my way to the native plant section, which had some beautiful pitcher plants and a big snail!



.


It was time to go back to the hotel, but not before we grabbed some awesome taiyaki ice cream!





~ ~ ~

See more photos here!


~ ~ ~


Two more posts about the NC road trip, then I can blog about my adventures from 2023!

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular