adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

23 May 2014

Summer vacation + another update

I am so excited for Ari to have summer vacation! I look forward to taking the kids to the beach, various parks, on nature walks, to museums and fairs...and so much more! The general area is packed with activities in summer, especially in Chicago. Its so affordable to take trains to the city, and just wander around. I don't believe we've taken Ari or Sandy there for a long time, so that would be fantastic to do! We're also looking into taking them to the Chicago Botanic Gardens soon.

As for the plant updates, here are pics of the baby Sansevieria trifasciata (Snake Plant), the Clementine seedlings, a succulent leaf, and the Dionaea muscipula (Venus Fly Trap). I'm especially excited about that last one...look at the little "teeth"! In fact, it opened up a bit after I took the picture...so I fed it a fruit fly!





The interesting thing about the Snake Plant 'babies', is that they don't end up exactly like the parent plant. All the Snake Plants we have are from the main plant. I believe the cultivar of the parent plant is 'Zeylanica', where as most of the other ones ended up looking different!



No comments:

Post a Comment

popular