adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

17 June 2018

Garden of Eatin' - Kenosha: I'm on Board of Directors!



Back in November my husband and I joined the Board of Directors for Garden of Eatin' - Kenosha, a non-profit community garden in Kenosha, WI.

Andy and Mercy Berg founded GoE in 2013. They are a vet family! Andy is a County Supervisor in Kenosha, and is running for Sheriff. He and his family are the embodiment of the phrase "Be the change you want to see in the world."

So far we have 4 gardens, and an office property. I am co-managing the Moose Garden with a fellow board member, Brandi. She is awesome! Brandi has experience with vegetable gardening, so I am learning a lot. I am so grateful for this opportunity!

GoE has volunteer workday events as well as fundraisers, so if you are interested in keeping up with us, check out our website and social media! You can see some of my posts on our facebook, and I manage both the Twitter and Instagram accounts.

Garden of Eatin' - Kenosha

"Helping those in need, starting with a seed."

Mission: Supply fresh vegetables, herbs and fruits to the local shelters, food pantries, and soup kitchens in Kenosha, WI

facebook
instagram

We are always happy to have more volunteers, and donations are very much appreciated! Stay tuned for more posts about this community garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular