adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

03 April 2014

Succulent Propagation




As I mentioned in the previous post, I have quite a few succulent leaves waiting to callus over. I also have a few that already have, and for some time now they have been laying on top of dirt. So far, one has roots, and this morning I discovered this:

I will elaborate on propagation
in a future post.




 This is the first time I've attempted succulent propagation. I have been interested in gardening for quite some time. If I'm lucky, I someday will be just like my Mom:

This is only the beginning.
In summer, I need a machete to get to her front door.


As soon as Spring decides to consistently grace this area, I will help her out with her garden! She has a major green thumb, unlike me -- but I'm learning! Her garden is blooming like clockwork. She has many beautiful flowers all over her yard, and in the back she has fruit trees, berries, melon, various tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, pattypan, zucchini, opo, chives, peppermint, spearmint...and the list goes on!

And of course, she has several houseplants to get her gardening fix during the unforgiving winter weather. Hopefully I will be able to present her with her own little succulent. I know she would love that!

And now, some more pics of Mom's garden from the past few years! Enjoy~




No comments:

Post a Comment

popular