adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

23 June 2014

Itty bitty succulents

I am a busy, busy bee! I've been working on cleaning out clutter in preparation for a garage sale we will be participating in. Any items that don't sell will be donated to a local thrift store. I have a lot of gently used kids' clothes that could be of use to others. I think selling them for a dollar or less would be fine. I love garage sales because of great deals like that, so why not do that for others?

I've been enjoying having Ari home while she's on summer break. Today, Steve bought her a Princess bike and she's so excited to try it out! I'll have to post pictures of her on her bicycle later.

Cole and Fran still coexist in the same home just fine. Fran is still being a bit shy and adjusting. Here's the pic of her I promised!


She reminds me of my old cat, Ophelia. Ophie was a brown tabby with big eyes too. I know once Fran is nice and comfy she'll be my snuggle buddy. She has an adorable, high-pitched meow. Sometimes it sounds like she's squeaking. She's very specific; she only eats twice a day at specific times and she lets me know. She doesn't want to eat at any other time.

Anyhow, in the last post I mentioned I had been sick so I didn't get around to posting any pictures of my plants.

Senecio rowleyanus (String-of-Pearls) is an interesting succulent.


This one isn't super long quite yet, but I'm keeping it in the hanging pot I bought it in until I get a nicer one. I'm going to keep it hanging because I think its gorgeous in the way the 'pearls' trail down the pot. This succulent is super easy to propagate. You just make a cutting on the 'string' and stick it back in the dirt. I'm excited for my new plant to grow. I'm considering getting a 'head' container so that plant looks like hair. I've seen pictures of them on Pinterest. How cool would that be?

Next up is x Graptosedum 'Vera Higgins'. I love the colours on this succulent. Luckily these can propagate via leaves!


As for the succulent leaves that are currently growing, my little Echeveria leaf is doing spectacular!




I also snapped some photos of some other little succulents. I have so many now!








Last, but not least, here's an itty bitty Sansevieria trifasciata:






There are a few more but this one is the tiniest, and therefore, the cutest!

I have an awesome idea, which I will clarify on in a future post. I'm really excited about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

popular