adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

11 June 2014

Revisiting Mom's garden

I dropped by Mom's garden again. Its amazing how much it changes every few weeks!
















I snagged a nice succulent at Walmart. This one has been sitting there for months and every time we go there I wanted to buy it, but always talked myself out of it. I'm not sure what it is since it was labelled Grafted Cactus as were some of the others I snagged there. I suppose I shouldn't have high expectations from that store, but that's alright! Its fun to figure out. Its getting a bit leggy so I think I'm going to clip some stems and pull off leaves, then propagate. I just have so many other leaves and stems in the process that I hardly have any more room for more! I'll probably give it at least another month or two. We'll see. Here's a pic of my new plant:


I plan on doing another update on our houseplants soon, including the succulents I am propagating. I've been super busy lately, so I haven't spent as much time making frequent posts. Ari's last day of kindergarten was yesterday, so I think we'll be even busier. However, we'll have more interesting adventures now that she's stuck with me all summer! Also, in about three days the second cat we adopted, Franny, will be joining us. I will make sure to post pictures soon afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular