adventure archive

featured adventure

Lincoln Park Conservatory

I meant to finish this up and post it around February, but I've been busy with life! Finally, here's the post about my visit to LP...

08 August 2014

Conservatories, Gardens, & Arboreta List

I decided to make a list of conservatories, gardens, and arboreta I would love to visit sometime during my life (aka my plant nerd bucket list)! I will update this post as I visit each one. I am probably going to turn this into a page on the blog's navbar for easier access.

I included links to each individual website as well as info and/or links on admission, and parking costs if applicable or known in case anyone else is interested in visiting them. I recommend that you double check before visiting, as this information can change at any time. I will periodically check and change info as needed as best I can.

I indicated blog posts I made for each place with a flower symbol (✿), so click on them if you would like to read them. I have visited some of these places more than once, so I will only link the first post. You can always use the search function on my blog to read about any additional visits I made!

Since I have a Garden Plus Membership with Chicago Botanic Garden, I now have benefits with certain gardens that participate in the Reciprocal Admissions Program. I have marked these with an asterisk (*). Some have a 90-mile exclusion enforced, which I also indicated (in relation to CBG; please visit the RAP link above to check if you are a member of a different place).

I hope this is useful to other people as much as it has been for me. One last thing before I get to the list...I highly encourage supporting these places with donations, especially those that are free. The funds will go towards conservation efforts and improvements, among other things!


Alabama


Mobile Botanical Gardens | $5 adult admission | *free admission

Connecticut




Florida


☐ 

Georgia

Atlanta Botanical Garden | Paid admission, parking fee | *free admission
Atlanta History Center | Paid admission, free parking | *free admission, free parking, gift shop discount
Smith-Gilbert Gardens | Paid admission | *free admission, free parking

Illinois

Anderson Japanese Gardens | Paid admisson (3rd Thurs./month free) | *90-mile Exclusion Enforced
Cantigny Gardens | () | Free admission, parking fee | *90-mile Exclusion Enforced
Chicago Botanic Gardens | (✿) | Free admission, parking fee | *free parking, gift shop discount
Garfield Park Conservatory | (✿) | Free admission, free parking | *gift shop discount
Klehm Arboretum & Botanic Garden | Paid admission (1st Tue./month free) | *free admission, gift shop discount
Lincoln Park Conservatory | Free admission, $18 parking fee
Lurie Garden in Millenium Park | Free admission | *discounted entry to select special events
Luthy Botanical Garden | $2.50 admission for ages 13+ | *free admission, gift shop discount
Morton Arboretum | Paid admission, free parking | *90-mile Exclusion Enforced
Oak Park Conservatory | () | Free admission, free parking on street

Indiana

Garfield Park Conservatory & Sunken Garden | Conservatory admission fee | *free admission
Taltree Arboretum & Gardens | Paid admission, free parking (1st Tues./month free) | *free admission/parking

Massachusetts

Arnold Arboretum | Free admission, free parking
Mt. Holyoke College Botanic Garden |  
Polly Hill Arboretum | $5 suggested donation, info on getting to the island | *gift shop discount
The Botanic Garden of Smith College | Free admission, parking info 

Maryland

Adkins Arboretum | Paid Admission | *free admission/parking
Historic London Town and Gardens | Paid admission | *free admission/parking, gift shop discount

Missouri

Missouri Botanical Garden | Paid admission, free parking | *free admission/parking, gift shop discount

Maine

Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens | Click for admission rates | *free admission/parking

New York

Brooklyn Botanic Garden | Click for admission rates, click for parking rates | *free admission
New York Botanical Garden | Paid admission, parking fee | *free admission
Queens Botanical Garden | () | Admission & parking vary; click here for info | *free admission
North Carolina

Airlie Gardens | Paid admission | *free admission
Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden | Paid admission | *free admission/parking, gift shop discount
J.C. Raulston Arboretum | Free admission, free parking | *free admission/parking
North Carolina Botanical Garden |
Sarah P. Duke Gardens | Free admission, paid parking | *free parking

Ohio
Cleveland Cultural Gardens |
Cox Arboretum MetroPark |
 
Oregon
Portland Japanese Garden |

Pennsylvania

Chanticleer Garden | Paid admission
Longwood Gardens | Paid admission, free parking
Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College
Morris Arboretum of UPenn
Phipps ConservatoryPaid admission, click here for parking info 

Virginia

Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden

Washington, D.C.

Constitution Gardens
Smithsonian Gardens | | 
U.S. Botanic Garden |
U.S. National Arboretum | Free admission | *gift shop discount

Wisconsin

Wehr Nature Center | Free admission, parking fee

Texas


I'm still working on this list and will be adding more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

popular